Monday, January 20, 2014

Shores Old and New

Hey! Sorry for the silence, but I've been a) not in a writing mood and b) busy kicking off business travel season. While I didn't really get to see much of it, I was really happy to be back in Prague after a very long time ago. It is not one of my usual haunts for business trips and I was glad to sneak in a little walk downtown on my first evening and have a coffee by the Charles Bridge pictured below. Such a beautiful city and it was a nice change to travel by train as opposed to plane:
Last week I also booked a really exciting trip with the Australian: we're going to be in Singapore for almost a week over Easter. Wohey! Of course I had to go and get a guidebook even though I know that I'll probably not use it when there as I never end up walking around with guidebooks and they are more or less useless baggage in my suitcase.

Why Singapore? I used to always think this was a dead boring place, a bit like Switzerland, but only in Asia and with stricter rules and more expensive to get to, but then I met several people who studied there and really, really loved it. Plus I have been hooked on this hotel ever since reading an article about it. I mean, THAT POOL! A dream for somebody who loves swimming as much as I do. Possibly a little scary for somebody with fear of heights like...me, but never mind. I couldn't get this out of my head and the Australian being as spontaneous as I am, it didn't take us long to whip out our credit cards. Yes, it takes ages to get there from Vienna, but I'm flying with Emirates and plan on watching lots of crappy chick flicks and reading (the guide?) to pass the time I'll be awake. 
Until then, I am happy that I get to revisit other great places this year, such as London this Wed-Sat. I used to go there every year for my girly weekends with L'Italiana, but ever since she moved to the US, this tradition obviously died. I extended my stay as I had planned on meeting up with people who now won't be in London. This means that I'll have to keep myself entertained in exhibitions and, possibly, shops. More soon!

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home

eXTReMe Tracker

words and photos (unless otherwise indicated) and banner-design by retailtherapist