Friday, April 26, 2013

Sofia in Spring

I've said it here before: I have a soft spot for Bulgaria's capital city Sofia. One reason is that it really reminds me of Istanbul in terms of rhythm of life and omnipresent yellow taxis as well as excellent level of quality in the service industry (at least from my experience). I don't mind the holes in the pavement or the rubbish in side streets. There are many things to discover and plenty of shopportunities as well. Last weekend (shops are open on Sundays!) I discovered an incredible shop stocking (US) brands of nail polish we don't get in Austria, such as Zoya, Orly and China Glaze and if I don't buy anything else I always buy some local rose or lavender scented soaps or hand creams... I've raved before about the amazing Bulgarian tomatoes, but they are not the only thing. Food is exceptionally good and incredibly cheap for Austrian standards (on average, meals and drinks are half the price of what you would pay in Vienna). This city is definitely worth a visit and having experienced it in all seasons, I personally find it nicest in spring and summer. Here are some pictures I took last weekend to give you a taste of what the city looks like in spring:
Even those notorious cracks in the pavement look almost picturesque this time of the year, don't you agree?

1 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

Thanks For Providing the information. This is very nice post and have great information. I have also avail information about the best new projectIreo Victory Valley

5/07/2013 02:00:00 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home

eXTReMe Tracker

words and photos (unless otherwise indicated) and banner-design by retailtherapist