Tuesday, August 21, 2012

End of an Era

I'm back in Vienna now, pitying myself that I have to sit in a stuffy office in 30+ (outside) temperatures rather than chill out by/in the lake. Sigh. The rest of my days in KLU were just as nice as the first half and I won't bore you with details of my mundane activities. I did however do the unthinkable: sell Flocki. Yay, I know, I can hardly believe it myself.
 Bye-bye, trusty Flocki!
 I loved your spacious interior...
 and collected all the cards left by your "fans".
Less than 170K km: not bad for a 1995 vintage car, eh?

I traded him in at the car dealer of my choice (for a whopping € 1000, but never mind) and ordered a brand new car, an equally snow-white Toyoto Verso S.  I readily agree that it looks pretty boring, i.e. like most new cars, but it fits the bill with a spacious boot and a "slim silhouette" that will fit into my narrow garage space. Flocki 2.0 will be mine in mid September and I'll officially introduce him to you here, of course.

2 Comments:

Blogger alcessa said...

Toyota: Nice! :-) (ours is a Prius, which is nice, too)

You haven't got a so-called Low-emission zone in Vienna, have you? We had to sell our old Seat (he and Flocki are of the same generation) because it wouldn't have been possible to drive with it through Karlsruhe (but then, it was a Diesel, so) now. Funny thing is: the "Umweltzone" has no effect on the emission of air pollutants, that's what science says. But it does affect the car sales ... :-)
Doesn't matter: we are very happy with our Toyota (we bought a used one but it doesn't seem to matter) so good luck to you, too.

8/21/2012 11:28:00 AM  
Blogger onemorehandbag said...

Vienna doesn't have such a zone (yet?), it was more a case of wanting to upgrade to mod-cons such as airbags, airconditioning, etc. Plus my 4WD Flocki was very thirsty, which didn't matter as I hardly drive anywhere anyway (in other words: don't REALLY need a car). I wanted to wait until repairs would exceed the value and now was the time...

8/21/2012 11:47:00 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home

eXTReMe Tracker

words and photos (unless otherwise indicated) and banner-design by retailtherapist