Monday, November 14, 2011

Mum Was Here

Very early this morning my Mum left for Sydney International Airport to embark on her long journey home. We really had a great time together and I'm guessing she was as pleasantly surprised as I was that we hardly got on each other's nerves. Don't get me wrong - we love one another dearly, but you probably know how it is - after a week or so of quality time with your parents you (and they) feel like embroidering "absence makes the heart grow fonder" onto a cushion in cross-stitch.

In true Mum-fashion, she set about to beautify my rather bare apartment, see above. Even though I told her that I wasn't going to take any of such stuff home to Vienna, I am now the (temporary) owner of a vase, 3 plastic gerberas (she got me real ones first), two faux laquerware containers and two placemats. With the execption of the latter, she bought all of those from the Japanese dollar-store in Market City mall. She also got creative when she wasn't out sightseeing or bargain-hunting and among other things made three necklaces, one of which I snatched.

(Not pictured: little china milk jug)

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home

eXTReMe Tracker

words and photos (unless otherwise indicated) and banner-design by retailtherapist