Thursday, November 03, 2011

Point of View

As I have mentioned, I have been writing an almost daily newsletter to friends since coming here. In the first two weeks or so, I frequently ranted about the rain outside and the sub-arctic temperatures in the office, giving some people the impression that I was rather unhappy and regretted coming here. Not in the least! It is true however, that the weather in general and an inside temperature that allows you to work without wearing a hood and gloves somewhat affects your mood. To illustrate my point, here are some photos taken from the window in front of my desk at the office.

Exhibit A: dusk, with great reflections in the windows of the skyscrapers:

Exhibit B: late afternoon with blue skies 

Exhibit C: grey and rainy. I think this calls for a gratuituous emoticon :-( 
The third photo was taken this morning, but thankfully, it looks like the second now. Yay!

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home

eXTReMe Tracker

words and photos (unless otherwise indicated) and banner-design by retailtherapist