Friday, November 11, 2011

Six

Can you believe it that this blog is already six years old? In human time, it would be a school kid now!

What started at another way to pass time at my not particularly adrenaline-fuelled job (you know, when I ran out of books to read and necklaces to bead...) has become my favourite "creative outlet" both for writing and photography. Both are things I have always liked. As soon as I could write, I filled notebooks with stories and started "collecting" international penpals. As soon as I could handle a simple camera, I wanted one. On my first "long-distance" holiday in Ireland when I was six years old (remember, those were the 1980s, I know that now kids embark on their first plane journey when they're much younger) I would get out of the car to mimic my Dad taking photos with the case of his SLR. I still remember feeling very important even if at the same time I knew it was silly pretending to shoot pictures with my pretend camera.

Ever since coming to Sydney, I've been writing a regular newsletter and therefore haven't posted as much here as I otherwise would have. When I'm back home an won't be regaling my friends with daily updates of my mundane routine anymore, this will once again become the main outlet for my verbal diarrhea.

Be very afraid.

4 Comments:

Blogger Teena in Toronto said...

Happy Remembrance Day!

Happy blogoversary :)

11/11/2011 03:05:00 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Happy Blogo-Birthday :) Keep it up, makes my days!!

11/12/2011 10:39:00 PM  
Anonymous novala said...

Glückwunsch!
Deine treue Leserin
Novala

11/14/2011 07:23:00 PM  
Anonymous Lara said...

well, happy many returns, then! it's unbelievable how time flies!

11/16/2011 04:22:00 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home

eXTReMe Tracker

words and photos (unless otherwise indicated) and banner-design by retailtherapist