Friday, July 22, 2011

Sticky Fingers

I've had golden nails since Monday night and they are still going strong. It's not some magic nail polish in a bottle for a change, but stick-on nailcolour. I've been curiously eying this "genre" for months, but not been willing to fork out almost €10 for a single nail-job. I got lucky at "Sephora" in Nice, though, when a set of 16 (there's always spares to accommodate different shapes and sizes of nails) was reduced from €7,90 to €2. Here's what the package looks like:

When you open it, a pungent waft of acetone-smell hits you and you realise that despite looking like a metallic sticker, this really is nail polish. You remove transparent foil on either side of the nail-shaped portions and position it. Before you've firmly pressed it to your nail, you can peel it off and re-position it without tearing it up. You are supposed to just bend over the excess, but in my case, my nails are too short for that and I had to be careful not to accidentally guild my skin. As you can see, this is intended for women with long talons:

The finished product looks very natural and it really is long-lasting . The packaging pitches it as staying for 11 days - we'll see. Usually I tire of the colour within a few days anyway. 
All in all: a good investment of €2 and I wish I had bought more. What I love most about this "system" is that application is much quicker than with traditional nail polish, provided that - like me - you apply more than just one coat plus base and top coat.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home

eXTReMe Tracker

words and photos (unless otherwise indicated) and banner-design by retailtherapist