Monday, July 11, 2011

Shiny Happy Hall

The week before last, I got my new, custom-made floor-to-ceiling furniture for the hall. Yay! It was obscenely expensive (about the same amount as my kitchen with elecric appliances), but really worth it. The salesman almost encouraged me to go for the self-assembly option which would have cost considerably less, but I was really glad I didn't as my floors are VERY uneven and the workers actually had a hard time adjusting the base to an even level. While I was at it, I also got a new, larger mirror (on the right side):

As you can see, there's plenty of storage space. The first wardrobe holds my tall ladder (my rooms are 3,2 m high), clothes drying rack and ironing board, things that used to be stored more or less in plain view in my bedroom before:

A little peek inside below. I love the way I now have two tiers for coats/jackets, a separate wardrobe for handbags (between the coats and the shoes) and even got to include a small shelf to display stone objects by my Dad:

This year, I got quite a bit done in my flat: painted the living room and hall, new cabinet and shelf in the bathroom and now this major project. Next year, I want to redo my bedroom with a small walk-in closet and new shelves, etc. I'm falling in love with my flat all over again. The only thing missing remains a balcony...

1 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

beautiful - congrats!!

7/11/2011 09:40:00 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home

eXTReMe Tracker

words and photos (unless otherwise indicated) and banner-design by retailtherapist