Wednesday, June 29, 2011

Boosting the British Economy

When the Empress had browsed through my web-album, she remarked that it seemed there was a culture rather than shopping focus of the holiday, very unlike my visit to Paris. Oh, no, I did both, but simply did not include the "haul pics" in the official album, so to speak. Knowing that my dear readers here are not adverse to a little retail therapy, I've decided to devote a post to them. So, what did I get? As usual, I ran wild with the glossy mags, which all come with freebies:

Apart from Glamour (free mini-bottle of Benefit's High Beam) and Elle (tank-top designed by VIP blogger Garance Doré) pictured above, I also got Red (free lipgloss) and Bazaar (nail polish). At Muji's I bought the new-and-improved version of the little bag I had bought in Japan. It's something all Japanese ladies use - a little bag where you keep all your necessities (wallet, loyalty cards, mobile phone, etc.) so when you change bags, you just grab this little bag and don't have to transfer all those items individually. This blue chequered one has more pockets than my old one. MC had watched videos on YouTube about the new Sleek "Storm" palette, which is available exclusively at Superdrug and I decided to get her one, picking up the "original" palette for myself:

At the FCUK sale, I got a pair of dark jeans and a dress with a really cute 1960s fabric and cut:


I've always wanted to own a silk scarf with bright pink and orange and got lucky in the sale at my favourite shop of all times:

On a day trip to Jersey, I bought this (Dorothy Perkins) skirt that came with a matching belt for only GBP 12. Overall, shopping on the Channel Islands is cheaper than in the UK due to lower VAT. Some shops have signs stating "10% off all UK prices", which is of course quite tempting...
I also bought small things like greeting cards and a tea towel with the book cover of "The Guersney Literary and Potato Peel Pie Society" which I have read and of which there is quite a bit of merchandising on Guernsey. What's interesting, though, is that most shops close at 5:30 already and unlike in the UK or Ireland are not open on Sundays.

1 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

Danke danke danke schatzi!!! :-)

6/29/2011 08:02:00 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home

eXTReMe Tracker

words and photos (unless otherwise indicated) and banner-design by retailtherapist