Tuesday, May 10, 2011

Happy Shopping in Graz

As I mentioned, I was in Graz on Saturday. One of my mother's best friends lives there and we decided to visit her. My mother took the bus from KLU and I took the train from VIE (which left at 07:02, yawn). We spent the afernoon sitting in the sun on the friend's son's terrace, but the morning was devoted to shopping. I fell in love with Kastner&Öhler department store. We used to have one in KLU as well, but it carried only sporting goods. The one in Graz, however, is a proper department store which had recently been returned to its former glory and which carries an impressive array of international brands. I fell in love with a bag but then restrained myself (or rather had my Mum restrain me), knowing that I was going to Paris the weekend after, and only bought a t-shirt there. Should you be in Graz and be in a shopping mood, I highly recommend it!

From the rooftop terrace (currently under construction), you have a brilliant panoramic view. Here, you can see Graz's landmark, the Schlossberg and its clock tower:
Even the toilets where very stylish. The ones below are on the floor where toys and children's clothing is, hence the low sinks and photos of school-kids on the doors:

2 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

It´s just such a pitty that K&Ö is so stylish and modern as long as it comes to offline. The moment you talk about online presence with them, it seems more like the 60ies....

5/10/2011 09:52:00 AM  
Blogger jon said...

great pictures! looks like y'all had a great time. can't wait to hear more!!!!! :)

beach invitations

5/16/2011 02:07:00 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home

eXTReMe Tracker

words and photos (unless otherwise indicated) and banner-design by retailtherapist