Saturday, April 30, 2011

Thou Shalt Not Underestimate the Importance of a Full Length Mirror

On Easter Saturday, the Pampered Princess, her sister and I have a tradition of meeting for a coffee in downtown KLU. Now that the PP is a mother of two beautiful boys, we tend to meet at at "Neuer Platz" at a café right next to a little "rabbit hutch" where kids can pet real Easter bunnies. From our coffee table, we had the best view of kids and parents alike and as it took ages for our orders to arrive we amused ourselves by bitching about passers-by. This lady with her faux Louis Vuitton bag and equally faux animal hide flats gave us plenty of fodder for our bitch-fest:

Being dressed in allover fire-engine red like an Austrian Airlines flight attendant is a matter of personal taste, but come on, squeezing your perfectly fine and attractive shape that would look great in well-cut clothes into a most unflattering outfit simply cannot be a deliberate choice. And if you think it was just a (very common) matter of lacking a mirror for rearview inspection, I think the lady only owns a bathroom cabinet mirror that just reaches as far as her - admittedly rather impressive - cleavage:
Perhaps she thought tight = sexy? It really almost causes me physical pain to see people dress their worst, no matter what shape they are and this is NOT in any way to imply that I consider myself perfect. Far, far from it, but I do believe that I try my best not to force myself upon the public in an outfit that makes me look like a 170cm long sausage.

1 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

Boobies! :P

12/12/2013 11:52:00 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home

eXTReMe Tracker

words and photos (unless otherwise indicated) and banner-design by retailtherapist