Thursday, May 05, 2011

Slovenian Attractions

To conclude my working-off-my-mobile-phone-picture-backlog-roll, I wanted to share the main attraction of the same SPAR in Carinthia. When I spotted it in the passenger seat of my mother's car on the way to Hochrindl back in March, my mouth began to water. Cremeschnitten from Bled are famous. Well, in Slovenia and Carinthia, they are anyway. Yum! 

They were as huge as they were cheap, too:

I had not had Cremeschnitten in ages and in fact they are not something I order in restaurants or bakeries as they are often a disappointment. Slovenian-style kremšnita are something else, though, as are many home-made Austrian ones. It is quite common for Carinthians to make a day-trip to Bled, a beautiful town, by the way with a kremšnita feast being the highlight (and in fact the point) of the excursion. 

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home

eXTReMe Tracker

words and photos (unless otherwise indicated) and banner-design by retailtherapist