Wednesday, March 07, 2007

pedestrian conversion

On Saturday, I spotted a copy of New Testament Psalms on one of those little boxes for the blind that give off acoustic signals at traffic lights. "Hmm," I thought, "Someone's trying to convert pagans at red lights. That's what I call an innovative approach ." I was very impressed by the mint condition of the book and had a vision of some benevolent religious zealot bulk-buying those blue books and distributing them at stategic points all over Vienna.conversion (onemorehandbag) [click to enlarge]
A little later, I realised that it was just one of the freebies visitors of the BeST fair got. I saw a middle-aged man handing out books of Psalms to bemused looking students, giggling upon receipt. They at least had the courtesy to hold on to them until they were round the corner from the exhibition hall where I took the photo above.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home

eXTReMe Tracker

words and photos (unless otherwise indicated) and banner-design by retailtherapist