Thursday, March 01, 2007

Spring. The Time When Chairs Turn Green

green chairs (onemorehandbag) Well, it's not officially spring yet, but nature's behaving like it was and so are my chairs. I recently bought a new swivel chair for the spare bedroom/study, followed by a tin of green paint for a chair which "lives" in the same room and which used to be blue. I also re-upholstered the seat-cushion with the same fabric my dining room chairs are covered with.

Before I moved into my present flat, I lived in a tiny one the official tenant of which was my great-aunt H. (the one who recently celebrated her 90th birthday). She had got most of the furniture custom-made by a carpenter and when I moved out told me I could take away what I wanted. I took a mirror and 2 beech (or possibly cherrywood) chairs, one of which I painted red and put into the hallway, the other one is the exhibit above.


0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home

eXTReMe Tracker

words and photos (unless otherwise indicated) and banner-design by retailtherapist