Monday, February 13, 2006

my first ever meme: 4 things

I've never liked those chain-mails people send you by e-mail, urging you to send them on to 3.500 other people like, immediately, or else you'll die sad and lonely. I've lost count of how many times I've gambled with my (sad) fate and pressed the "delete" button but getting tagged different story altogether! Here, I have a confession to make - when I first came across the expression "tagged with a meme" (@ Petite Anglaise's) months ago, I had no clue what that was about and googled like mad. I asked my resident native speaker of English, FCN, who as a non-blogger didn't speak "blogspeak" either and therefore couldn't enlighten me. Well, I've long since found out- it's more or less a little questionnaire and Novala tagged me for my first one yesterday.

4 jobs that I had
*working at the meat-counter at a SPAR supermarket in Pörtschach (I was 17 and it was such a horrible summer-job nightmare that I didn't take another summer-job for years and couldn't eat anything containing meat for weeks. Yuck!)
*sales assitant in a dodgy clothes shop in a dodgy shopping mall in Vienna's dodgiest district (Saturday-job in my first year in Vienna)
*working part-time at a translation bureau (mad boss, messy office!)
*teaching English at a summer-school for studens who had to re-take their exams (none of them passed, ahem)

4 films I could watch again and again
Beautiful Thing
Love Actually
La Boum (Part One)
Monsoon Wedding

4 places I have lived at
Klagenfurt (for the first 18 years of my life)
Dublin (1993/94)
Vienna (23rd district, 1990-94)
Vienna (15th district, 1994-now, moved to my present flat in '98)

4 TV-series I like(d) to watch
Desperate Housewives
Sex and the City
the Wonder Years
Northern Exposure


4 places I have been on vacation to
(more or less recently:)
Hong Kong (most exciting city-break ever)
Istanbul (never gets boring)
Riga (beautiful city, rather hostile locals)
Alexandria, VA (very picturesque, liked it in spite of myself)

4 websites I visit every day
see "shopping list" in the sidebar

4 books
Among the books I read last year, these 4 have impressed me most:
The Kite Runner,Khaled Hosseini
Case Histories, Kate Atkinson
Persepolis, Marjane Satrapi
Nowhere Man, Aleksandar Hemon

4 favorite dishes
any kind of salad that contains rucola and lots of vinegar
spicy chicken wings from the Elephant & Castle in Dublin
(really fresh) sushi or maki
überbackene Schinkenfleckerln prepared by my Mum

4 places where I'd like to be right now
London (visiting the Tate Modern and shopping)
Klagenfurt (ice-skating on the Wörther See)
in the cinema, watching a good film
at home on the sofa, reading a good book

I'm tagging those 4 people (no problem if you don't feel like it):
Ka-ma
Poulette
Tomaz
Turkish Delight

8 Comments:

Blogger ka-ma said...

Thanks a lot (sarcastically, rolls eyes)!!

2/14/2006 08:12:00 AM  
Blogger onemorehandbag said...

Ka-ma-chan, feel free to ignore it. The small print doesn't mention anything about risking 1000 years of bad luck or anything if you don't respond.

2/14/2006 09:04:00 AM  
Blogger onemorehandbag said...

Oh! I should have checked your blog first, stupid me. Wow, that was quick.

2/14/2006 09:06:00 AM  
Blogger ka-ma said...

You are too late...I already made some "arrangments" for your quiet dissapearence!

2/14/2006 11:35:00 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Tit for tat: you vote for my blog, I reply to your silly meme! I did always say that I'd never do one of these, but since I've never been tagged before, I suddenly feel a warm, silly sense of truly belonging to the blogosphere now that my time has come. Yes, I am THAT pathetic!

2/14/2006 03:36:00 PM  
Blogger onemorehandbag said...

Dear Brussel-fried-chicken, I've just voted for you so stop whingeing, okayyyy! And just think how jealous us mere mortals are who are not nominated for any best new anythings...

2/14/2006 03:59:00 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

i feel good...
thanks for tagging me :-)
it made my day :-)
weeeeee.....happyyyy

2/14/2006 04:52:00 PM  
Blogger onemorehandbag said...

Tomaz, after the ladies having been most ungrateful, I'm not sure if you're serious but you're welcome to the meme anyway...

2/14/2006 05:13:00 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home

eXTReMe Tracker

words and photos (unless otherwise indicated) and banner-design by retailtherapist