Monday, January 09, 2006

Recycling

My weekend was quite a productive one as I managed to do some of the stuff I had been planning to organise for quite some time: I took down the Christmas decorations in my flat and tidied my messy desk at last, visited my great-aunt in her old people's home and finally watched one of the DVDs* I got from the Mermaid . I also found a sexy pair of jeans (ahem) and did some DIY of the sartorial kind. I got the idea from my Mum, actually, who showed me some jumpers she had transformed into cardigans. I thus transformed an old tight-fitting jumper with a dodgy collar which was a bit on the short side anyway (I'm not into bare midriffs, least of all in winter) into a cardie.
Here's the evidence:
Exhibit a: boring jumper and pink ribbon. Exhibit b: good-bye jumper, hello cardie!recycling(onemorehandbag) Unfortunately you can't see it that well on the picture but I'm also wearing a self-made belt, made with sequinned elastic and a recovered (i.e. I was allowed to cut up a macrame belt my Mum made in the 60s) clasp. Oh, and the bracelet is one of the products of last Friday's occupational therapy chez Coma HQ. It's actually quite a cool feeling to cut right through the middle of a garment with your scissors. Hmmm, does this make me a psychopath...TD, you better watch out!

* Watching the DVD (In Her Shoes. Not bad and with 2 great actresses, but your usual predictable chick flick) was quite an interesting experience. The start-menu was obviously copied from the original DVD, making viewers believe that it's just an illegal copy of a shop-bought (or store-rented, more likely) DVD when in fact the actual film had obviously been filmed right off the big screen by means of a handheld minicam. The quality was as can be expected and occasionally the person who taped it (or the unsuspecting person sitting next to him/her) had accidentally touched the mike. One, two, three. Testing. Plus there was one rather audible cough (think Beavis and Butthead) which got considerably worse towards the end of the film. Very annoying. Tomorrow night a friend is coming to watch Flight Plan, another of the Mermaid's souvenirs from the Philippines but I've already made sure that that DVD's a copy from a proper DVD as opposed to a dodgy "home-video" shot from the cinema...
Lunch-break purchases: Nothing noteworthy. Well, I did buy a pair of jeans on Saturday, didn't I.

2 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

what i'd like to know is are you wearing the false boobs? And when do you mention the purchase of the picture hooks one wonders?!?

1/09/2006 03:29:00 PM  
Blogger onemorehandbag said...

Yeah, I realise I do look somewhat top-heavy there but NO, am not wearing false boobs nor any kinds of padded secret weapons for that matter.
OK, I did buy re-usable picture hooks in my lunch-break but they're nothing to write home about, now are they?
[Nothing escapes the attention of my faitful lunch-hour consort, BoB a.k.a FCN]

1/09/2006 03:35:00 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home

eXTReMe Tracker

words and photos (unless otherwise indicated) and banner-design by retailtherapist