Thursday, December 15, 2005

The Once-in-a-Lifetime-Onemorehandbag-Christmas-Survey-Prize-Draw-Bonanza

bracelets(onemorehandbag)Today, onemorehandbag Inc. (hereinafter referred to as "OMH") would like to conduct a little survey among its reader(s). The first 3 who reply in the comment box will be the lucky winners of a bracelet each, hand-crafted with loving care and hand-picked beads by none other than the retailtherapist herself.

Conditions for entry:

Lovers and relatives (sorry, "Austrian chick") are not eligible for the prize but very welcome to answer anyway.

Bracelets will be posted to addresses in Europe (preferably EUrope) only.

The 3 lucky winners will then be requested to mail their names and addresses to
onemorehandbag@gmail.com , stating their preferred colour. Having received those details, my friends Igor and Igor will visit you and raid your home I will promptly ship the bracelets to the respective addresses.

Guys, don't be shy, this isn't "girls only" - one more little pressie for the Missus might not go amiss!

Questionnaire:

(1) What was the most bizarre present you have ever received?
(2) What do you really wish for* but know that Santa won't bring?
(3) What would you splash out on if money were no issue?
* I know we all want World Peace and a law forbidding ugly people to exchange sloppy kisses in broad daylight but we're talking about things money can buy or hands can craft here.

My answers:

(1) A Japanese toilet air-freshener. It was a birthday gift (!) from the colleague I share a room with. She really is something else and definitely inhabits a parallel universe. I would have got ever so slightly paranoid and thought this was a hint along the lines of "You smell like shit, babe" had she not given an identical gift to another colleague the previous week.

(2) A laptop and *the Perfect Coffee-Table*. I've been looking for a nice "two-tiered" (to hide magazines and other clutter from sight) one for ages but have not been able to find a cool but affordable one. I'll probably end up asking my Dad who's a DIY hero to make it for me.

(3) I'd go on a vacation to exotic places I've always wanted to visit like Easter Island or the Channel Islands (ok, not quite as exotic, those), having first splashed out on some clothes and shoes to wear on the expedition. And books to take along. And bags to store it all in...

So. Ready, steady, GO!


Lunch-break-purchases: In a shopping frenzy I bought gifts for 6 people in 3 different stores. I also tried the second downtown ZARA in the hope of finding the nice top I saw yesterday in a smaller size. As I didn't have any luck on the Mariahilfer Str. branch last night either (but I did buy another cool top with definite Christmas party potential anyway) and shop assistants also told me they only had it in "L" I'm beginning to suspect that ZARA's Spanish owners thought "Let's ship all the huge sizes to those fat Alpine Helgas down there in Austria and keep the small ones for our Mediterranean waifs".

9 Comments:

Blogger onemorehandbag said...

Congratulations, number one!
Erm...you want a slightly BIGGER ass? I'd be only too happy to donate a generous slice of mine, although I can't guarantee it will be "gravity-defying" some years down the line...Do you want me to ship the meat together with the bracelet?

12/15/2005 04:44:00 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

(1) What was the most bizarre present you have ever received?

A book about the wildlife in the Northern German Heath

(2) What do you really wish for* but know that Santa won't bring?

My pension.

(3) What would you splash out on if money were no issue?

A faster car, three flights - one to Brussels, one to Sarajevo and one to Johannesburg

12/15/2005 04:56:00 PM  
Blogger onemorehandbag said...

Hurrah,novala's our second winner! (And I won't need to pay for postage, yippee.) Delivery next Wed @ the Slo(w) class.

12/15/2005 05:02:00 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

The green one, pleeeease!

12/15/2005 06:20:00 PM  
Blogger onemorehandbag said...

poulette-darling, the purple one will be sent to you (once I know where to)by the OMH dispatching department.You adore the JLo look? I'm almost glad we've at last found something we can disagree on...

12/16/2005 11:02:00 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

I intentionally didn't enter this competition as I know the artist in question and she knows I wouldn't wear it, so didn't want to deprive anybody of these goodies made in japan. But in case anyone is interested my answers are:
a) a plastic cucumber, which you could take apart and was then a rather large penis!

b)a 2 storey flat with a roof terrace!

c) see b and a world tour on top.

12/16/2005 11:36:00 AM  
Blogger onemorehandbag said...

Brainofbritain (you're so modest, darling!), you won't believe it, but I actually made them at home. Hah, there you go! So I take it you just wanted to share your answers, thanks, honeybuns, I'm so glad I AM obviously paying you enough for boosting statistics here. Oh, and I want to see the cucumpenis!!!

12/16/2005 11:46:00 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Cucumber is at Mummy's house, must put it on list of useless things to bring back with me!

12/16/2005 12:13:00 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Madame Poulette, my heart is where my friends are and a very dear friend of mine lives near Burssels. I haven't seen her for ages and a flight to Brussels might solve the problem faster than a car ride.

12/16/2005 05:56:00 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home

eXTReMe Tracker

words and photos (unless otherwise indicated) and banner-design by retailtherapist