Friday, January 06, 2006

Tweety

While the majority of the Viennese are still tucked in their beds - it's a holiday here but we inmates of Coma HQ are required to work which is only fair after the long New Year's holiday we got - I'm at the office as usual. The sheer excitement of a day without the postman or visitors (most people don't expect us to be open today so don't turn up) or any official phone-calls for that matter. In a desperate attempt at occupational therapy I've taken beads and elastic in to make some more bracelets...

I thought I'd regale you with pictures of my yellow purchases, part of the booty from Tuesday's shopping spree. That's actually the reverse side of the bag there but I wanted to show off the matching leather key ring I bought at BREE as well and which I decided to attach to the zipper. I don't know yet on what occasion to wear the yellow...erm...carpet? thing but it might come in handy one day, you never know.
tweety(onemorehandbag)

Speaking of shopping sprees -
newcoat(onemorehandbag) Last night I returned to Peek&Cloppenburg where I had found a nice down coat on a reconnaissance mission on Monday. See, my Mum told me I could pick a coat as a birthday present from her so for once I did not have to feel guilty for splurging out on yet another item of clothing. I did not buy it right away on Monday (oh the sweet adrenaline rush and uncertainty until you find out whether your size will still be there when you return...) because I was wearing jeans that day and wanted to see if it was long enough to be worn with (knee-lenght) skirts. It was and I took the baby home with me. As you can see I'm not scared of loud colours. At all. An English friend of mine once claimed that "bright colours are rather continental". If they are, then I'm your typical Central European. I also quite like the coat's unusual quilting although I'm seriously beginning to doubt its flattering (i.e. bum-diminishing) properties when I look at this photo. In case you're wondering whether strange two-toned hair is all the rage in Austria - well, that's my natural colour(s), probably due to the fact that the bottommost layers never get to see any light because of all that hair covering it.

I probably won't write again until Monday so here's wishing you all a nice weekend. Among other things we've planned, TD and I will be attending a 30th birthday party on Sunday. I wish I could turn back time to mine!

Purchase-Forecast: With all shops closed today, I think I can safely predict I won't spend money on things other than a coffee...

7 Comments:

Blogger Mr_TD said...

And any visitors?
Come back home my Love,
i am waiting :-)

TD@home

1/06/2006 10:39:00 AM  
Blogger onemorehandbag said...

Naaah, what did you expect? I'll have to grace Coma HQ with my decorative presence until 5, as you well know. I've been rather productive though - one bracelet finished already...

1/06/2006 10:51:00 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

nice coat, not sure about the carpet, high approval of bag.

1/06/2006 03:14:00 PM  
Blogger onemorehandbag said...

Phew,BoB, am I lucky or what? I'd have raced back to the shops first thing tomorrow if you had disapproved! The tweety-carpet actually looks much hotter from the front - I'll model it for you (with my stick-on-boobs as an added bonus, perhaps)if you're good, i.e. continue to fill the chocolate-drawer.

1/06/2006 03:21:00 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Will remember threat of false boobs next time I intend buying chocolate for schoko-lade, a great deterrent and motivation to lose piled on festive pounds!

1/06/2006 03:37:00 PM  
Blogger Çileksuyu Sibel said...

gule gule kullan tweety:)nice colours..love,s

1/06/2006 06:56:00 PM  
Blogger Tokyo Girl said...

I like the yellow bag.

1/10/2006 12:46:00 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home

eXTReMe Tracker

words and photos (unless otherwise indicated) and banner-design by retailtherapist