Wednesday, January 04, 2006

ornament

I've always secretly suspected it but now I know for a fact that I serve a purely decorative function at the office. I mean, if you came back after a 12-day absence (admittedly, only 3 of those were working days) wouldn't you expect at least some work (i.e. piles of paper on your desk) to wait for you? I should of course know better after 7 1/2 years of working @ Coma HQ, as I like to call it. There were 56 mails in my Inbox, 46 of them spam, the remaining 10 Christmas and New Year's greetings.
Yawn.

New Year's resolution (again): find a proper job. Unfortunately, there's a catch: I'm waiting for myself to grow up and figure out what exactly I want to do. It's much easier to list the things I don't want to do which is one reason why I haven't left even though I've been bored senseless pretty much since day one. The other reasons arem my laziness and the cosy familiarity of colleagues who are at the same time friends. Plus punching out at 5:30 on the dot and not having to waste a single thought about work once you leave the premises, not mentioning the all the blogging, reading and jewellery-making I get to do on company time. Speaking of nice colleagues, I'm waiting for my reliable moaning-partner,
FCN to come back from her hols for a good bitch-fest. Boredom is much more bearable when it's shared.

Lunch-time purchases: I got the last present for the January birthday babes, a rather original (tea) cup and saucer. I just talked to my Mum on the phone who was not too impressed by the colour of the BREE rucksack I picked for her (there wasn't much choice). Looks like I bought 2 bags for myself yesterday, not just one...

1 Comments:

Blogger onemorehandbag said...

More like infamous least-motivated-employee-of-the-month than famous jewellery designer. I don't even play the lottery either so chances of me making a fortune anytime soon are appallingly slim what with my expensive lunch-break habits...

1/05/2006 10:31:00 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home

eXTReMe Tracker

words and photos (unless otherwise indicated) and banner-design by retailtherapist