Monday, March 25, 2024

Itching

Last Saturday as the weather was mild, I got a little carried away and bought herbs, lettuce, 6 different varieties of tomatoes and red pepper that I planted in the garden the following day. Well, as so often my impatience paired with optimism laughed me in my face 3 days later morning frost turned them into green ice-sculptures and less than half of what you can see in the photo survived. I was ready to do it all over again this past weekend, but then exercised restraint and told myself to wait until after Easter in order to prevent another unceremonious abortion of my overzealous gardening ambitions. Has this happened before, possibly last year? Yes. Will it happen again? Very likely.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home

eXTReMe Tracker

words and photos (unless otherwise indicated) and banner-design by retailtherapist