Monday, January 22, 2024

Say Cheeze

Highflyer has many qualities. Being organised and tidy is not quite on the top of the list and so I sometimes make, um, helpful suggestions on how he could organise things. Recently I encouraged him to put Christmas and birthday cards he wanted to keep into a nice box one of his Christmas presents came in. As the cards in questions were mainly from me, he spent some time on a trip down memory lane by reading them all before he put them into the box. He passed some to me to read and to be honest I had forgotten some of the (nice) things I had written in the early days in particular. Well, it's not as if we've known one another for decades, but time flies, as they say and so I was surprised by the degree of cheesiness of some of the things I had written. In a good way. All those BIG words still hold true even if I have toned it down a little since then as can be expected with an OLD MARRIED COUPLE. I still feel all the cheesy feelings and still count myself so incredibly lucky that we crossed paths that late in life when we both knew (to a good part thanks to trial and error in the past) exactly what we wanted and what not in a relationship and had matured enough to appreciate a drama-free straightforward good thing when it presented itself...


0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home

eXTReMe Tracker

words and photos (unless otherwise indicated) and banner-design by retailtherapist