Monday, December 04, 2023

Oh, Vienna!

Many people find cities horrible at the peak of winter and summer, respectively. I really love Vienna in both seasons: being able to go ice-skating for example in the middle of the city or , more in the outskirts, on a rooftop, for example is unbeatable and personally, I prefer skating on man-made ice to frozen lakes anyweay unless it's the nostalgic memory of the frozen Wörther See of my childhood that, thanks to climate change, I most likely won't ever get to experience again in my lifetime. In summer, I love hanging out on rooftop bars or at the banks of the Danube at the end of those super-long summer days, preferably after I've had a dip in one of the many pools or river bathing spots. I may have (chosen to) become a part-time boring suburban housewife, but my heart still beats faster when I get to enjoy those urban pleasures.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home

eXTReMe Tracker

words and photos (unless otherwise indicated) and banner-design by retailtherapist