Monday, October 09, 2023

Reality Check

While we had a carefree picture-perfect mini-break in Cyprus, my heart went out to the (surprisingly many) tourists from Israel heading home to a war-zone at a gate close to ours. There were several scheduled flights to Tel Aviv on Sunday afternoon and evening and I could not help wondering what I would do if I were them. Would I actually try to stay abroad or would I want to fly home immediately as long as I could? It is painful to imagine leaving the country during a public holiday, looking forward to a great time with friends or family and then finding your home country had been attacked and war been declared....

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home

eXTReMe Tracker

words and photos (unless otherwise indicated) and banner-design by retailtherapist