Monday, January 28, 2019

Déjà Vu

Something that comes with age (...and I will turn a year older this week) is that you not only catch yourself thinking that you've seen - and worn - a lot of fashion trends before, decades ago, but that you meet people or end up in situations that are eerily familiar. 
At the beginning of my time at the Firm there was a colleague who, in retrospect, was partly a hiring mistake for that role (it was an internal transfer) and partly was treated with a distinct lack of emotional intelligence and leadership competence by her manager, who happened to be mine, too. In a nutshell, we could watch her getting more stressed by the day, become very emotional to the point of paranoia and it really put a strain on everything and everyone at work. Back then, in all honesty, part of me felt relieved that it was not ME who was in her shitty situation and who had to bear the brunt of our boss's moods. Mind you, I ended up in a not too dissimilar constellation a few years later myself that I eventually escaped by changing teams. 
These days, there are first signs that a similar drama is about to evolve and I am not prepared to be as passive and quiet any more, but want to contribute to a "de-escalation" if you so will.
In other news and also on the subject of déjà vu, I wonder if I might be on the fast track to becoming a bit too emotionally dependant on and comfortable with somebody I have spent a lot of time with lately, as they simultaneously fit the role of sibling, best friend and substitute for a partner perfectly. Not  that I am too concerned, really, but...watchful, for my own good.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home

eXTReMe Tracker

words and photos (unless otherwise indicated) and banner-design by retailtherapist