Monday, November 19, 2018

Chill Factor: 9/10

As the year is drawing to an end, I am coming to the realisation that 2018 definitely has been the year I felt I have both grown up - as stupid as it may sound - a LOT and felt as happy and alive as I have not in a long time. Not only happy, but also extremely chilled, too.
It's incredibly empowering to give toxic and negative people a wide berth and learn how to stay unfazed by them so you can focus on what makes you happy and gives you energy. This holds true for your professional as much as your private life and saves a lot of time that would otherwise have been (ab)used for worrying and analysing. Not compromising (as much) and letting actions, not words speak when it comes to deciding how much time to spend with a person really does pay off and ultimately makes you like your own company so much more. I realise I sound like a cheap self-help manual, but, hey, it only took me 46 years to practice what I have been preaching to others on many occasions. Not saying it's easy, but definitely worth trying.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home

eXTReMe Tracker

words and photos (unless otherwise indicated) and banner-design by retailtherapist