Monday, January 18, 2016

Week #2 | Gratification: Not an Impostor after all

Last week I was in Warsaw. The reason for the trip was an 2-day-event I organised. It was the third (and last, under my lead at least) and the participants were 25 people from 9 countries I have personally "hand-picked" over the course of 3+ years. We had so much fun and I got great heart-warming feedback. You could call it a success. I don't know about you, but I often suffer from impostor syndrome, not in the sense that it keeps me up at night or that I feel inferior, but I am am a) not ambitious and b) often feel guilty that several people I know who work their lovely little behinds off in their respective jobs earn a fraction of the number on my paycheck than yours truly who never replies with "stressed" when someone asks how work is going. I have immense respect for my friends who have "real" grown-up jobs such as doctor or solicitor, teacher even, whereas the field I work in tends to take abstract concepts extremely seriously and I sometimes can't suppress a little Whatevs thought. Adressing "my" bunch in Warsaw, seeing them get to know it other better, enjoying the fun activities I tought up for them and staying interested and engaged with their laptops closed and smartphones out of reach gave me gratification and made me think that, possibly, I wasn't an impostor after all.

1 Comments:

Blogger oliver said...

HI.thanks for share this ,i like this ,style are looks good far ,i suggest to all of my friends to buy this bag ,i also suggest for buy beautiful thread wallet from my site here buy thread

1/21/2016 08:40:00 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home

eXTReMe Tracker

words and photos (unless otherwise indicated) and banner-design by retailtherapist