Monday, January 07, 2013

When in Bled...

...where I currently am on a team offsite, you MUST eat kremne rezine a.k.a. kremšnite. It is not uncommon for Austrians to embark on a daytrip mainly to eat the original, which you get at the Park Hotel. This cake or dessert which looks like a one-way ticket to instant sugar coma, is actually more creamy (yes, and rich) than it is sweet and the whipped cream layer of the original is almost unsweetened, whereas Austrian interpretations are often very sweet on top of being rich. In any case, this pastry makes me quite nostalgic as it is a rather local thing and not that well known in parts of Austria other than the South where I come from.

So, without further ado, meet the one and only kremšnita in all its glory and calorific beauty:
The one I had at Šmon yesterday was not to be frowned upon either and in my humble opinion the only difference was in price (higher at the Park Hotel, as can be expected for the original):
Sooo. I am happy to report that within less than 24 hours I consumed 2 kremšnite already. Just as well that I don't have any New Year's resolutions of the dieting kind...

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home

eXTReMe Tracker

words and photos (unless otherwise indicated) and banner-design by retailtherapist