Monday, September 10, 2012

First Impressions of Dubai

Hello, dear friends of the Interweb! I am currently in Dubai, where it's a sweltering (and surprisingly humid) 41° outside and probably about 15° inside. I'm reminded of Sydney with regards to the arctic office experience. Speaking of office, the Firm's Dubai branch is aptly located in "Internet City":
In case you were in doubt that this is Internet city, you have the "@" sign to remind you...
Buildings and palm trees surrounding the office...

I arrived really late last night and spent an hour in the slowest Passport Control queue I've ever experienced so didn't arrive at the hotel until after 1 a.m. local time. And what a cool hotel it is! Forgive the flood of pictures, but I want to share some of its poshness with you. I mean, I've been to quite a few fancy hotels recently, but this is in a different league. My boss, who's here as well and a returning customer, is actually so in love with their corporate scent that he asked what it was (basically supposed to resemble green tea). Smell - which is thankfully confined to public areas, not the actual rooms - apart, the rooms and everything else are amazing:
Flatscreen TV, desk, balcony...you name it:
I wish my bathroom at home was half this size (not in view: huge bathtub on the other side).
I'm in love with the shower...
Nighttime-view from the balcony:
As the hotel actually overlooks Dubai marina and there are yachts right underneath my balcony, you must have a yacht-shaped "rubber ducky" in your bathtub, right?
Likewise much appreciated: Nespresso coffee maker and capsules including my favourite flavour, "yellow" (never bothered to remember its real name):
There were originally 3 single-wrapped dates, but I had already eaten the third one when I took this photo:
All in all: not shabby so far!

1 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

Hi sweetheart, more than anything else I envy you the dates - they look delicious! Take care of yourself and - if at all possible - show some self-restraint as far as all those shopportunities are concerned... Amica

9/11/2012 04:20:00 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home

eXTReMe Tracker

words and photos (unless otherwise indicated) and banner-design by retailtherapist