Friday, August 24, 2012

Like a Baby's Bum

As I have mentioned several times, I am an avid hopelessly addicted watcher of beauty-related videos on YouTube and follower of beauty and shopping blogs. So much so, that in its Ads Preferences Manager, the search-engine of my choice infers that I am "female, aged 18-24". Ooops. I love watching videos or reading blog-entries where people (read: women) rave on about their "go-to products". Interestingly, these often seem to change on a monthly basis, but even so, I like finding out about new things. My very own go-to products thanks to which I've been enjoying the smoothest and most radiant skin since my pre-teens - with not even a single hormonal or travel-induced breakout in sight - I found all on my own, but here they are and I wholeheartedly recommend them if you're a similar skin-type like me (normal/combination skin - rather dry in winter).
Here they are. The day-cream is by Natio, an inexpensive (for Australia anyway) I bought in Australia. It is mid-range like L'Oreal with a great line of make-up and skin-care product. The department stores in Sydney always had incredibly good offers where they gave you a cool cosmetics bag filled with full-sized products when you spent a certain amount. Needless to say that I returned with quite a collection of Natio stuff. I did not like the scent of some skincare lines, but this daily moisturizer with SPF 15 (non-sticky!) faintly smells of lavender, which I love. I only have about one third of it left and it makes me feel quite nostalgic just looking at the tube on my bathroom shelf. Aaaah, those sweet Sydney months...

I'm on my third bottle of Clinique's "Repairwear Laser Focus" serum and this is great stuff if you want to get rid of pigmentation caused by exposure to the sun. It's not exactly cheap (around €80, if I remember correctly), but there often are some deals with other Clinique products or you can try to pick it up in duty-free. It's very lightweight and I typically use it under my regular foundation or night cream. In the summer months, I only use it at night.

Now for the night cream, L'Oreal's "Youth Code" - this has the perfect scent and consistency in my book. It smells like the soap or detergent my paternal granny used when I was a kid, so putting it onto my face reminds me of my childhood in the best possible ways. It might not be the most hygenic mode of packaging, but jars are my favourite as it feels very satisfying to just scoop out cream with your hands and you get out every last bit of the product. This cream has an interesting lilac colour and is absorbed really easibly. I've repurchased it as well and predict that this will be my night cream for a long time. It literally makes my skin feel soft as a baby's bum and I took it as a compliment when the Mermaid, who knows that I am very anti-Botox asked me if I had "anything done" to my face recently!

Let me know if you've tried any of these and what you think of them.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home

eXTReMe Tracker

words and photos (unless otherwise indicated) and banner-design by retailtherapist