Friday, September 16, 2011

Ready, Steady, Go!

After my Japanese holiday that wasn't meant to be due to 3/11, I did not want to jinx MY NEXT BIG ADVENTURE (hereinafter referred to as MNBA) by prematurely mentioning it here. Now that I'm all set to depart according to plan on Friday, September 23, I want to warn you that lots of Australian-related posts will be coming up. From October 26 through December 19, I will be working at the Firm's Sydney office. I know, I know, you are pitying me already. What's worse is that I'll experience spring and the beginning of summer when everyone here will be enjoying grey November skies and the slush of melting city snow. It's a tough job, but someone's got to do it. To make things worse, both office and corporate appartment are situated within spitting distance of Darling Harbour.

The last few weeks have been extremely nerve-wracking in more ways than you could possibly imagine, with the uncertainly if my visa-letter will come through in time paling in comparison to other much more severe threats to MNBA. Now, however, I am couting the days both with anticipation and slight panic (So many things to tick off my imaginary check-list, I'm this close to actually writing a hard-copy one), trying to co-ordinate final farewells with as many people as possible and getting around to the fact that next time I'll be in Vienna, the Christmas lights will be up in town and it will be dark and cold.

I'll of course be posting here and sharing my Picasa-Albums with friends and family. I've even overcome my social-network allergy and set up a Google+ account. Early adopter I am not... For offline musings I've bought this Sydney-themed notebook which contains a subway map and other practical info:

Needless to say, MNBA also called for the acquisition of yet another bag, or suitcase really. A super lightweight and super expensive Rimowa number. I love the colour:

Don't expect too many posts before my departure, but I'll definitely wave goodbye from "Up Over" before escaping to  Down Under.

4 Comments:

Anonymous frequent flyer said...

Goodbye, Piccadilly,
Farewell, Leicester Square!
It's a long long way to Tipperary,
But my heart's right there.

9/16/2011 09:48:00 PM  
Blogger alcessa said...

I can hardly wait to read about your experiences Da Unten :-) I hope everything goes well till then. (There's a blogger called Schorlemädchen in Australia (Sydney?), btw :-))

9/18/2011 02:04:00 PM  
Blogger alcessa said...

(Yeah, Sydney,)

9/18/2011 02:06:00 PM  
Blogger onemorehandbag said...

@ Alcessa - cool! thanks for the tip, I've been trying to find some cool Syndey blogs!

9/18/2011 03:58:00 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home

eXTReMe Tracker

words and photos (unless otherwise indicated) and banner-design by retailtherapist