Thursday, May 12, 2011

Casualty

I have heard of "tennis elbows" or "frozen shoulders", but I think I might have developed a phenomenon I'd like to call "keyboard pinkie". On Monday afternoon, in the midst of our weekly team meeting where I always take the notes, the little finger of my left hand started to hurt really badly whenever I bent it as happens while typing. It was a sensation like I imagine rheumatism to feel like and did not dissapear. It actually got worse as the day and night proceeded and I had no idea what caused it. I began to think it might be an after-effect of an incident on the escalator of my U3 stop when somebody pushed the person standing in front of me and she landed on my hand, more or less. I soon dropped that theory when M.C. told me that she also sometimes had a pain in a single finger that she thought was caused from typing. Hmm, a case for class-action against the Firm? Be that as it may, I wanted a remedy and after my Mobilat ointment didn't bring about any improvement, I decided to give B2's tip a try: the old household remedy, Topfenwickel (curd pack). I had heard about it, but never tried it myself and being too tired to search for the correct method online, I improvised.

The aching pinkie + curd + men's hankerchief

I piled the curd onto the hankie in copious quantities before wrapping it around my finger and realising that it squirted out on top of the roll I had created and would probably mess up my bed. As an afterthought I put a freezer bag on top of it. Very stylish:
What can I say: it actually helped and I am going to repeat the procedure with a little less curd.

1 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

For roughly 2-3 weeks I have the same symptoms for my thumb! Totally gonna try the Topfenwickel which should be translated to "Fromage blanc wickel?"

5/12/2011 04:37:00 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home

eXTReMe Tracker

words and photos (unless otherwise indicated) and banner-design by retailtherapist