Wednesday, April 06, 2011

Sleeping with Thomas. And William

I got up at 4:30 a.m. this morning and am feeling duly zombified. Yawn. Thankfully, the few hours I slept were spent on an extremely comfortable mattress. In fact, I can wholeheartedly recommend the hotel we stayed in, the Schoolhouse Hotel. If you are looking for a quirky alternative to the usual business-hotel-chains, this might be the answer. As the name implies, it used to be a school: 

There are only two floors and all rooms are named after famous Irish authors. I stayed in the Thomas Moore room on the ground floor: 

Each room has a different colour-scheme and is decorated with matching wallpaper and bedspread, such as the pretty William Morris fabric chez Thomas:

I also liked the bathroom, which unlike the room itself still looked very primary-school-ish:

Last night I went for after-work drinks to the Schoolhouse pub and had spicy chicken wings that almost gave those of Temple Bar's Elephant & Castle a run for their money. Do try, if you like vinegar!

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home

eXTReMe Tracker

words and photos (unless otherwise indicated) and banner-design by retailtherapist