Saturday, March 26, 2011

Preparing for D-Day

ALL my muscles are sore and I feel absolutely knackered. I've spent the greater part of today clearing out my bookshelves, dusting the paperbacks in the process. I also disovered 19 (!) books I haven't read yet. Ooops. Remind me when I'm tempted to hit Amazon next time. Tomorrow I'm tackling the tableware and clear away the shoes in the hall. Something tells me the painter will have to run an obstacle course next Friday as I won't be able to put all the furniture into the other rooms unless I take it apart and return it to its original IKEA flat pack state, which I'm so not going to do. Yep there's definitely a reason why I've waited so long (I moved into my flat in 1998) to give the rooms a much-needed lick of paint.

Living-room with empty bookshelf.
Bedroom with parts of the books (some are also in suitcases and bags under my bed), some in their boxes that go on top of the white bookcase:

2 Comments:

Blogger alcessa said...

Last weekend, we sorted out our (many) books, it was one of the things we did to get rid of unnecessary things in general. Obviously, books are NEVER unnecessary, but since we buy most of the books we read (our village library being lousy), there will always be some books one of us is not happy about. From time to time, we will sell them, to gain space for new ones.
This time, we couldn't find an appropriate second-hand bookshop (I wanted to sell them and donate the money to Red Cross, for Japan), so we donated all 64 of them to Oxfam in Karlsruhe. Not a bad idea at all! :-)

3/27/2011 05:19:00 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Uhh - I know this feeling very well. Your stuff in boxes and your belongings spread out over the entire appartment. I can feel your pain! If it helps: it will pass by :) Greets from Paris!

3/27/2011 09:11:00 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home

eXTReMe Tracker

words and photos (unless otherwise indicated) and banner-design by retailtherapist