Wednesday, March 23, 2011

Cultural Heritage

As a preparatory (you might say, desperate) for the upcoming painting of my living room and hall, I've begun to clear out the shelves a bit so as to allow myself a tiny bit of breathing space in the other rooms where the furniture and its contents will have to be temporarily stored.

On Monday night, I chucked out old magazines and 20 years (no exaggeration) worth of exhibition leaflets and information of cultural monuments and museums. It was a mini-journey back in time when I remembered exhibitions in Austria and abroad I have seen and enjoyed. Some of them were more memorable than other and it might be a pity to throw everything away, but then again, I'd never once looked at any of those things, which goes to show that I don't really "need" to keep it at all. 

I might apply the same approach to clothes, but you never know whether - in retrospct - something has vintage potential, see yesterday's post.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home

eXTReMe Tracker

words and photos (unless otherwise indicated) and banner-design by retailtherapist