Tuesday, February 15, 2011

One More Mint Leaf?


On Sunday, I visited my grandmother in her nursing home and had lunch at my aunt's and uncle's house prior to the visit. As usual, my aunt did not heed my request to "not go to too much trouble" and conjured up an impressive (and VERY nutricious) three-course meal which culminated in the beautifully arranged dessert above. By the time I had eaten it, I felt fit to explode. "Oh, there's also some Sachertorte if you fancy a slice," my aunt said. Apart from the fact that there actually was not have a square millimetre of space in my stomach I was afraid of reproducing the infamous restaurant scene of Monty Python's "The Meaning of Life"...


4 Comments:

Anonymous Pin said...

Looks interesting and yummy! What is the dessert?

2/15/2011 10:42:00 AM  
Blogger onemorehandbag said...

@ Pin - it's my aunt's signature dessert - called "Topfennockerln" in German, a cream usually containing several dairy ingredients, such as: curd,creama and yoghurt, combined with icing sugar, grated lemon zest or some kind of alcohol and gelatine to make it firm enough for spooning out portions. The red sauce is raspberries blended with sugar.

2/15/2011 10:53:00 AM  
Anonymous Lara @ Uproad said...

herrlich!

2/15/2011 02:44:00 PM  
Anonymous Pin said...

Hmmm, great! Thanks for explanation! I might google it and try it one day... soon ;)

2/15/2011 06:16:00 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home

eXTReMe Tracker

words and photos (unless otherwise indicated) and banner-design by retailtherapist