Wednesday, February 09, 2011

I Was Never Promised a Rose Garden


...and yet I was surprised by a pretty Augarten  mocca set for my birthday. I got it from the old (90 years, to be precise) family friend who also had this ring made for me. I would never have bought such a coffee set for myself, but was very touched by the generous gesture, a definite sign of appreciation. I paid the old lady a visit when I was in KLU for the Christmas break and commented on the pretty cup and saucer she served me coffee in. She immediately jumped up and wrapped the little bowl above, against my protestations that I did not want to tear apart her set, never mind the fact that this type of china is obscenely expensive. I never expected her to give me what is probably her whole coffee set as a birthday present, together with the crocheted doily. I'll have to clear some space in my living-room glass cabinet now to display it adequately.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home

eXTReMe Tracker

words and photos (unless otherwise indicated) and banner-design by retailtherapist