Thursday, February 10, 2011

Hiruton

Sometimes it helps if you read texts aloud. When I checked my VISA bill online yesterday I found a mysterious item reading "hirutonodawararizotoandos". WTF was that?!? 

When I saw that the currency was JPY, I gathered that it must be some deposit to do with my upcoming trip to Japan. As is often the case with Japanese transcriptions of foreign words, it really helps when you read it alound and...BINGO! The long word suddenly made sense when it morphed into a Japanese approximation of "Hilton (Hiruton) Odawara Resort (Rizoto) and (ando). The last word, "Spa" was cut off by the character limit obviously. Checking my inbox revealed that my reservation of the Hilton Odawara Resort and Spa indeed had a 30% deposit in the small print. Mystery resolved.

1 Comments:

Anonymous BoB said...

don't you just love 'em, bless their little white cotton socks

2/10/2011 12:29:00 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home

eXTReMe Tracker

words and photos (unless otherwise indicated) and banner-design by retailtherapist