Tuesday, September 21, 2010

Transience

leaves (onemorehandbag)The Sunday before last, I was sitting in my parents' garden chatting with my two grannies. Last Sunday, the younger of them died as a result of a heart-attack. Despite her age (88) it was unexpected and came as a shock, in particular as she seemed both healthy and content when I last saw her. I still haven't downloaded the pictures I took that weekend that show her rosy-cheeked and smiling happily. Recently, whenever she saw my Mum and myself, she was repeating incessantly what a gift time with us was for her and how grateful she was for every sunny day and all her positive memories. I am glad that her children, grandchildren and great-grandchildren came together for her birthday this summer as there was nothing she loved more than "the whole family together". It's brutal for the bereaved to have someone ripped out of their lives, no matter how old they are, but it is definitely better for all parties involved than prolonged suffering.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home

eXTReMe Tracker

words and photos (unless otherwise indicated) and banner-design by retailtherapist