Wednesday, July 15, 2009

My Suspicions Confirmed

When I worked at Coma HQ, people would often drop by to ask my Japanese colleagues to write the Japanese translation of lofty concepts like "love" or "philosophy" on a piece of paper so they could use it as a blueprint for a tatoo. I always joked that they could write anything as nobody would be able to tell the difference anyway and there were probably hundreds of people out there already whose fancy tatoos read "idiot" or "child-molester" without them having the slightest.

Well, I recently found out there is a blog devoted to just such mistranslations. My favourite is the tatoo reading "prepaid public transportation card" - priceless!

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home

eXTReMe Tracker

words and photos (unless otherwise indicated) and banner-design by retailtherapist