Wednesday, January 16, 2008

Never judge a book by its..erm...title

I had this book in my Amazon shopping cart for months after a friend had recommended it to me, but only ordered it when I ran out of books halfway through the Christmas holidays. You see, I'm a bit of a literary snob and only in moments of severe emotional crisis (o.k., bad example as that's more or less my permanent state) do I stoop so low as to read chick-lit. Despite its title Sophie's Bakery for the Broken-Hearted, however, turned out to be a surprisingly well-written and - excuse this clichéd adjective - inspiring novel about loss, confusion and getting one's act together. Recommendable!

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home

eXTReMe Tracker

words and photos (unless otherwise indicated) and banner-design by retailtherapist