Sunday, June 03, 2007

the Ikea Phenomenon

a.k.a. I-just-wanted-to-have-a-look-you-know-but-somehow-I-always-end-up-with-at-least-two-bags-full-of-napkins-and-tealights.
If you're a woman, my guess is that you're not completely unaware of the IKEA Pheonomenon yourself. Yesterday morning, the PP's sister called.

PPS: So, what's the plans for today?
RT: Well, I was thinking of going to IKEA. I need new roller blinds for the kitchen, you know.
PPS: What a coincidence - I'm practically on my way there myself and believe it or not, I need new blinds myself. Hey, want to come with me?
When she dropped me off a good 4 hours later, several other items had mysterioulsy found their way into my 2 huge paper bag besides the roller blinds. Such as new bedside table lamps (one of the old ones was broken and they'd discontinued the line so I couldn't get a replacement, see), a cushion that perfectly fits the armchair I'd inherited from the Mermaid and re-upholstered myself some years ago, 2 bowls, the inevitable napkins, etc, etc...
IKEA purchases (onemorehandbag) ***
Hen night update: Thanks to a bridal pep-talk with Party Planner a couple of days before, last night was very enjoyable indeed with no silly game in sight. After dinner at Indochine 21, where I'd always wanted to go, btw, we ended up at Vienna's bar with the most spectacular view. I got home at half 3 and was up at 09:15 already to resume preparing the kitchen for next week's paint job. No case of senile insomnia alas as I'm feeling pretty knackered right now. Speaking of senile... a lunch-time nap seems like a pretty reasonable good all of a sudden. Yawn.

1 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

Reupholstered that couch yourself?! Veeery impressed.

6/04/2007 11:27:00 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home

eXTReMe Tracker

words and photos (unless otherwise indicated) and banner-design by retailtherapist