Saturday, April 28, 2007

how to tell that you haven't been entirely unpopular...

aaaaaah (onemorehandbag)Do you remember my drooling when Vienna's branch of Tiffany's opened last year? Well, it looks like my (ex-)colleagues know exactly how to make me a very happy bunny by giving me this beautiful necklace with heart-shaped pendant. I won't say they can mind-read exactly as I'm afraid I must have voiced my longing for some jewellery in a turquoise box often enough for them to remember, ahem. Apart from this gift and some very exquisite chocolates they also gave me the coolest going-away card (a collage of photos and nice comments) ever. Yep, last night's farewell dinner was very nice indeed.
My first two days at the new job couldn't quite rid me of a distinct headless chicken feeling but I hope that a week of training in Dublin (could be worse, eh?) will put the head back on, preferably filled with the skills I will need. I probably won't post next week as I don't intend to go near blogger on my work notebook.
Be good.

4 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

I was just thinking of you. Good to read you haven't quit after day 1. :-)

4/28/2007 11:03:00 AM  
Blogger ka-ma said...

Headless chicken - you? No way! I think you will be swimming with the big fish in no time. And that week in Dublin is just a start!

It also looks like the CHQ staff is not entirely style-less! They sure got you a nice present.

4/29/2007 12:10:00 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Ok, enough mystery, spill the beans on what exactly your new job IS, already!!!

4/30/2007 11:05:00 AM  
Blogger onemorehandbag said...

Well Poulette (good to see you're still alive, btw!), you've made me break my resolution now (not to log in to blogger)- won't say here, but anyone interested can send me an e-mail and I'll spill the beans that way. Don't get too excited, though, I'm not (quite) working for the CIA.

4/30/2007 08:02:00 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home

eXTReMe Tracker

words and photos (unless otherwise indicated) and banner-design by retailtherapist