Tuesday, April 24, 2007

nostalgia²

last walks through Volksgarten (onemorehandbag) As returning readers of this humble site know (only too) well, I'm quite partial to my morning walks through Volksgarten, due to end tomorrow, unless I get up earlier and take a detour to my new place of work, which I'm not really planning to do.
Needless to say, it seems that the trees and shrubs have never been so green and the lilac never so lush and fragrant as this week...

As I'm taking out the last bits of paraphernalia of my desk drawers, giving them a cursory blow, it once more dawns on me that is so, well, FINAL.

Just as well I got to dry practice this exercise and its attendant feelings of wistfulness 3 months ago when I vacated my workplace 3 stories below in order to move on up to the glamorous position I am holding for another 10.5 hours.

The countdown has started.

2 Comments:

Blogger ka-ma said...

Hey, cheer up! It is going to be great! I hope your last day at Coma HQ was fun and there weren't too many tears...Just think of all the exciting things and new people you will meet at your new job!

And try to take that detour every now and then...if nothing else, then just to "fill your batteries"!

4/25/2007 12:45:00 AM  
Blogger onemorehandbag said...

I know, I know, I'm a complete Drama Queen.
I AM looking forward to my new job/life, but still am more nostalgic than I thought I would be.
Last day @ CHQ is today.

4/25/2007 09:17:00 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home

eXTReMe Tracker

words and photos (unless otherwise indicated) and banner-design by retailtherapist