Thursday, May 31, 2007

cheesy

cheesy (onemorehandbag)Now that I've become a lady who lunches (sort of) as opposed to an office gal who spends all her lunch-break shopping and then eats a sandwich at her desk on office timé, evenly distributing crumbs of pumkin-seed roll all over her files (erm, books and beading projects), I get to try out some of Vienna's hot spots I'd until recently only heard of, such as "Meierei im Stadtpark" where I had a decidedly cheesy lunch with my colleague. Mine was called "the best of Vorarlberg", hers "country duel - Austria: France". Not bad and definitely well-presented. And, yes, Ka-Ma, you are definitely right about that bikini...

Before you get worried about me having lost that notorious shopping mojo of mine for good - I tried on a very cool pair of shoes today which I'd sniffed out in yesterday's lunch-break, but, alas, Hugo Boss doesn't want my money, i.e. as they don't do half sizes I had a choice of either tripping over my feet or playing Cinderella. For € 149 I decided I'd do neither. Bo-ring, I know.

More (shoe) shopping on the horizon as going to a hen-party on Saturday.

3 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

A girl can never win, can she? Either it's spending your lunch break shoping - thus burning both calories and cash - OR it's spending your lunch break gorging on free food - thus saving money, but ingesting extra calories.
Then again, you can always blow your savings on lipo.

5/31/2007 06:05:00 PM  
Blogger onemorehandbag said...

As far as cosmetic procedures are concerned (never mind surgery) my savings only stretch to, say, a moustache waxing. Not that I need one. Obviously.
Mental note: really mustn't overdo the eating on company expenses. Ooops, is that a KitKat wrapper on my desk?

5/31/2007 06:19:00 PM  
Blogger ka-ma said...

The cheeses on the plate look lovely, but I am somehow turned off by the idea of small pieces of paper underneath, explanation of the cheese or not. I would prefer these would come separately, maybe on a larger piece of paper with the pictures of the cheeses so one can identify them, handed to you by the waiter separately. But that's only my opinion.

Talking about moustache waxing...how about "whole face shaving for women" that is popular here? The other, more expensive option being "whole face shaving for wedding". Yuck!

p.s. Try to stay away from that KitKat!

6/02/2007 08:36:00 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home

eXTReMe Tracker

words and photos (unless otherwise indicated) and banner-design by retailtherapist