Thursday, March 22, 2007

aftermath

In stark contrast to my bosses, several colleagues made nice comments on my resignation yesterday, but my favourite was from the Blonde Beast who, after having established that the rumours she heard were really true, looked at me like someone had just died in a tragic accident and said "And I was about to introduce you to my son."

Her previous match-making protegé, my skate-date, sent me a text today saying "From tomorrow on, I'll be unemployed." Mere days after our icy date he collapsed at work and was taken to hospital. After several tests and some "repeat performances" it turned out he was suffering from panic attacks and now his employers consider it too dangerous for him to continue working at posts where he's required to carry a gun. Poor guy.

I hasten to add that there's no causal connection between our date and the panic attacks. Well, not as far as I know.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home

eXTReMe Tracker

words and photos (unless otherwise indicated) and banner-design by retailtherapist