Tuesday, January 23, 2007

Happiness is a Functioning Washing Machine

Yesterday a SWATCH irony watch which I'd bought on Ebay and which allegedly was "in mint condition" arrived broken (no, it was not just a flat battery, I checked). Another disaster to add to my list of recent misfortunes. I more or less expected a brick to fall on my head or the bus to run me over next.

Then things began to look up. The Gorenje service man I'd called on Monday morning advised against a technician coming (and thus, against his business. Nice guy, I must say.) and told me to try unscrewing the top of the machine and "massaging" the clogged tube first. With the Mermaid's help, I did just that and realised that I must have got rid of the blockage with my previous pokings around in the machine's intestines. I had just been afraid to plug it in again and risk being drenched once more without prior expert approval. With the Mermaid's moral support I tried and was rewarded with a perfectly functioning wash cycle. Bliss! A good € 200 saved. Well, until I get the Mermaid's invoice. I don't know what the current late-night-rate for plumber's with a law degree is, but I am very afraid...

This morning, a head-hunter called and arranged an interview with me. Ten minutes later the secretary of another prospective employer called and I will be interviewed by somebody from their German HQ by phone (mental note: better make sure my phone is charged) next week.

I'm beginning to believe the chocolate oracle might be right...

1 Comments:

Blogger ka-ma said...

Brava, brava! (+ the sound of big applause)

1/23/2007 11:49:00 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home

eXTReMe Tracker

words and photos (unless otherwise indicated) and banner-design by retailtherapist