Thursday, January 12, 2006

Botox to go

This morning's highlight was the purchase of 2 return tickets to Paris (where we're going to visit friends who recently moved there). It wasn't just any old online booking, but I used vouchers for Flyniki/Air Berlin flights I had bought from the SPAR supermarket. Well, it was actually TD who got them from a branch near where we live as they were already sold out at the one I pass on my way to the office when I got there at 8:30. When TD got home with the precious vouchers (which had cost all of € 116) he took a photo of the codes on the scratch-cards and mailed them to me.

I suppose buying (vouchers for) flights from your local supermarket is just the logical progression from the computers and other electronic stuff they have been selling for ages. Last year, the Mermaid bought a laptop from Zielpunkt, FCN and some other holidays booked their holidays through Hofer/Aldi. I own lots of (superfluous) gadgets I have either purchased at Hofer or Eduscho/Tchibo. Do supermarkets which exclusively sell food and toiletries still exist at all, I wonder? Not that I mind the extra shoportunities forcing themselves on me when all I wanted was some milk.

Zielpunkt recently even offered a Botox treatment. My vivid imagination went into overdrive and I imagined mullet-haired cashiers donning scrubs and ordering you to stretch out on the conveyor belt at their check out so they can casually shove a syringe into your forehead in between scanning in barcodes.

It was actually just a boring voucher, too. Pity.

Lunch-break purchases: None whatsoever. Yes, read my lips: none. This time, FCN and I really managed to prevent each other from wasting any money. I'm getting seriously worried...

8 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

Cool, when are you flying to Paris?
btw, I didn't know about the botox treatments at Zielpunkt!!! (not that I needed them of course ;-))

1/12/2006 03:21:00 PM  
Blogger onemorehandbag said...

Hi, my little Austrian chiquita! Paris: March 16-19
Botox: I agree, you don't have to worry for another 15 years or so, spring chicken that you are...

1/12/2006 03:34:00 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

I'm probably heading towards France one week after you!

Well, it's never too early to care about wrinkles, isn't it? However, I'd definitely go for a glamourous Botox party instead of a boring voucher.

1/12/2006 04:09:00 PM  
Blogger onemorehandbag said...

I promise not to hold any glamorous Botox Parties (hey,I just got a great idea: what about combining it with a Tupperware party or lingerie party?) until you're back from France.

1/12/2006 04:15:00 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Tupperware???!!! and lingerie parties are also already out of date (as well as candles...).
We have to find something fancy

1/12/2006 04:45:00 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

have you heard already (if not, you have to be really strong now):

http://www.femalefirst.co.uk/celebrity/80422004.htm

1/12/2006 04:50:00 PM  
Blogger onemorehandbag said...

Now really only cheesy Tupperware parties can cheer me up. Robbiiieee, how can you do this to me?!?

1/12/2006 05:11:00 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Ok, Firefox mag di nimmer, aber der IE geht wieder.
Ich dachte immer, ich sie diejenige, die dauernd on the road sei. Was ja auch stimmt - du fliegt ja lieber.

~novala

1/12/2006 09:52:00 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home

eXTReMe Tracker

words and photos (unless otherwise indicated) and banner-design by retailtherapist