Undercover Agent
This past weekend we had planned to be in Innsbruck, but as Friday drew closer, the afternoon plane we wanted to take showed up as increasingly overbooked and chances were slim that we would have any chance to make it onboard as passengers with standby tickets. So Highflyer made the executive decision that we'd postpone the trip and rather invest some time towards getting "next door" ready for future tenants. Initially, I was a bit disappointed as I had looked forward to Innsbruck, where I had last been in January, but then I was also secretly relieved as I could also invest some time into preparations for our upcoming Japan trip and get some things done I would otherwise have had no time for. In the end, we also seized the good weather to chill in the sun in between domestic chores and more or less did not leave the neighbourhood all weekend. I felt a bit like an undercover agent, also because I had already told several people that I'd be away for the weekend. It was a bit similar to when you visit City A, but don't tell your friends B and C, who live there (even though you might not have seen them for a long time and do feel a bit guilty about it), because you don't really have much time there anyway and therefore don't want to cram your calendar full with social obligations.


0 Comments:
Post a Comment
<< Home