Giddy
Do you remember what Christmas or the first day of your summer holidays felt like when you were a child? Well, I do and this type of excitement is what I feel about my mother's new pool. Even though I had known about her plans, had seen the work in progress both live and on photos, seeing the finished masterpiece for the first time and realising its dimensions was unreal. It was as if aliens had abducted me and dropped me in the garden of some boutique hotel with a luxury pool. I arrived late on a Thursday night and had to try it out immediately. The next morning when I woke up before 6 a.m. I went swimming again. My mother heard me get up, go to the toilet, but not get back to my bed and got worried that I had an upset stomach or something. Nope, I was just giddy with excitement and as soon as I had seen the glistening water I knew I had to go for a swim. Mum was overjoyed that we (that weekend, Highflyer also came to visit, as did Bestie Boy) were overjoyed. We walked around with big grins on our faces every time we set foot in the garden. Back in Vienna, I really miss this luxury and am looking forward to taking my next dip.


0 Comments:
Post a Comment
<< Home