Monday, September 07, 2026

Commuter

There are currently more construction sites, obstructions and diversions on Vienna's public transport network than I can remember off the top of my head and people living in outer districts or commuters from the suburbs are affected by it the most. Since I split my time between my flat in Vienna and the country house and am not keen on driving by car if I can avoid it, the 14 months (!) long interruption of the regular local train line that connects the centre with the airport definitely is a nuisance for me. I don't want to complain too much about it as after all, it's a privilege to live in a country where infrastructure is being improved and invested in. Last weekend I tried out alternative routes to and from the city and, Friday having been the seventh anniversary of Highflyer's and my first date once more, I could not help but think how WILD it was to have "ended up" a part-time commuter, something I would never in a million years have imagined had you asked me back in 2019.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home

eXTReMe Tracker

words and photos (unless otherwise indicated) and banner-design by retailtherapist